Our Pages

▼

Saturday, September 19, 2026

when Im 64

Day fifteen!

Time is flying by, despite my rather limited life! I’m doing a bit better everyday at my current level of activity but I'll give it another few days before I add a bit of structured movement (well, I cheated a bit and did 2 reps of 4 ab exercises - not enough to feel even slightly tired but a start!). 

I even felt good enough to dance a little bit - is it even possible to sit still while listening to ‘rasputin’ by BoneyM? You've probably seen Tom Hiddleston going crazy dancing to it! My footwork is not as fancy, but my enthusiasm matches his!





It dark when my eyes flipped open Wednesday night - I rolled over to check the clock and YES! It was past midnight so officially my birthday - I was free to start my sugar extravaganza - a bowl of Captain Crunch eaten in the dim light from the pantry. The day was off to a good start!

Carm helped me get ready for our lunch guests - Mom, Dad, and Kirsten with Basel joined us for what other than tomato sandwiches on focaccia… so original! We had fun with the dogs too šŸ˜€ . Lupa went crazy at first, but then mostly settled down. The dogs went crazy when they spotted Kirsten's car coming into the laneway but! I was able to call them back from the door to put them into their crates - they actually listened during all that excitement!

While Kirsten was here, we practiced the ‘hot zone’ game. I'd been practicing a bit for the last week so the dogs knew the drill and did well with the extra distraction. Then we had a short walk in the field to get the ‘ya yas’ out. It worked - all dogs crashed when we got back inside. It's funny watching them try to run through grass that for some of them, is higher than their heads!

Oh, after lunch, we piled into Kirsten's car for a trip to Dairy Queen for a Skor blizzard. I'm sure that's what kept me going for the rest of the afternoon. But when everyone left, I crashed on the sofa for the rest of the day. A few weeks ago I would have been in bed for the rest of the day feeling sick and miserable. Not so yesterday!

Tuesday night Pat came for supper to celebrate her birthday which was last week. On Facebook, I'd stumbled upon a ‘vegan date & walnut cake’ which was super easy to make and delicious. It was mostly sweetened by dates and only had ⅓ cup of brown sugar. I might try making it with almond flour.

My birthday present arrived Tuesday afternoon so while Carm and Pat watched violent TV, I played with my new fitness watch (Garmin vivoactive 6). Mental challenges are as exhausting as walking miles! My brain was fried by the time I got everything figured out making it almost impossible to think clearly… and then again Wednesday, most of my energy was burned by my brain! In the end, it's all set up! I love it!

Give me your answer, fill in a form,
Mine forevermore.
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty four? Ho!

I created a custom activity to track how much time I spend in the kitchen doing stuff - this is what tends to burn me out as it adds up quickly. Wednesday I made 2 batches of focaccia and by the end of the day I'd spent around 2 hours in total in the kitchen! I was tired but not exhausted - there's a difference!

Was today my last swim? The forecast is for cool weather going forward so my 20 second dip this afternoon might be my last for 2026, but we shall see! Perhaps I am more beluga whale than human! It warmed up to 19C so maybe…



Awesome!

“feeling mostly okay for 15 full days”
“a beautiful morning with sunshine and no mosquitos”
“turning 64! I made it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment