Sunday, January 14, 2018

swarovski crystals

It is sunny today and that is a blessing. Of course with the sun comes wicked cold, but that’s okay cause I’m toasty and warm in a sun spot.

The trees outside are glinting in the sun, the ice on their limbs like the swarovski crystals on the bracelet my Mom gave me for my birthday: Nature’s inspiration.

I’ve been getting on the treadmill most days but skipped yesterday. Instead I froze my butt off shoveling over a foot of snow from the back deck. I was out for around an hour, although I did have to deek into the house to warm up and find some long johns… luckily I had bought these awesome merino wool blend tights that did the trick. I didn’t take them off for the rest of the day as they were so silky. They were from Liquidation or Costco last winter - I wonder if they still have them, and if they do will they also have a top? A head to toe outfit would bring joy.

I don’t know if he’s keeping track, but Carm has been out with the snowblower countless times this winter. I should ask him: which is worse? snowblowing or lawnmowing? We are blessed that he is still fit enough to do both (or at least I am!).  (just checked - lawn mowing is worse because of the heat)

“Melancholy were the sounds on a winter's night.”
~Virginia Woolf

No comments: