Friday, January 25, 2019

Cartegena and the end

Cartegena, Columbia

This was a beautiful city. The fortress was imposing, the downtown towering, and the Colonial city gorgeous with pastal walls and colourful vines. Cobblestone streets led to a pretty square. Vendors were everywhere (it was a bit much).





Last formal night and kicking around the ship


In the Wheelhouse.



The ship has a lovely promenade deck that wraps the whole way around. Good for walking (Carm did lots of laps, me, not so much - I tended to grab a drink and sit on a lounge chair to relax which is probably why I gained 3lbs).

And back home: yuck!


In fact, Carm is out shovelling the back deck (all the snow blowing was done yesterday and the day before), while I sit in comfort sipping hot lemon & honey water and revisit the bubble we were in for the last 2 weeks. Maybe comfort isn’t quite the right word as I do feel stodgy from my cold still.

It’s funny, but I’m sure I had more photos to include for some of the days, but maybe I didn’t download them all from my camera. I do want to remember to take more of life on the ship, and maybe include a few food shots as the meals are so nicely presented. I wish I would have gotten someone to take photos of Carm and I on some of the other formal nights - he looked so handsome in his suit!


Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
~Terry Pratchett

No comments: