Tuesday, December 24, 2019

The good ol' Hockey game, is the best game you can name

I haven’t seen anyone so excited to be at their own birthday party since I was a little girl, and maybe not even then… we were at a hockey game in a box provided by the birthday boy himself. It was Shawn’s 50th birthday, his first hockey game in years, and his first since moving back to Canada. All that melded into a maelstrom of wild excitement. It was delightful.


The Sens even participated by winning by 2 goals! The game was fast, every moment entertaining, the white ice, coloured lights and loud music set the perfect scene. Food kept coming in: cheese & crackers, popcorn, perogies, little pulled pork sandwiches, chicken wings, pizza, freshly baked cookies. Some of Shawn’s favorite foods. It was great.



Sixteen people crowded the box, all hopped up on the overflow of Shawn’s excitement. All my siblings were there and of course Carm (perhaps the 2nd most excited person), along with some of Shawn’s cousins, and a few friends as well.

Thanks for having such an Awesome birthday Shawn!!!! 💟🏒🤸‍♀️


Today my own excitement is ratcheting up… it’s Christmas Eve day and we are getting ready to go to Kirstens for a few nights of festive fun. There is a heap of stuff by the door with more to be added (note to self: get Grace’s food dish from the camper). I’ve got butterflies in my tummy. I don’t think the dogs suspect anything though as they are flaked out on the futon, enjoying a sunspot.


I’ve lollygagged enough this morning - time to get cracking! 

Merry Christmas everyone. May Peace, Love, and Joy bless you today and every day that follows.


The little cares that fretted me,
I lost them yesterday
Among the fields above the sea,
Among the winds at play.”
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning



No comments: