Wednesday, November 30, 2022

the last 3 days

 The last 3 days


Well, it’s Monday morning, our last sea day, and I finally went back to the half written Curacao post… only to find that it is corrupted! This is not the first google docs post that has been f’d up this trip. Luckily I had sent Mom an email of a few of the other posts that I had written earlier in the trip so I was able to recreate them. I hadn’t sent the Curasau one yet as it was only half written…



So back to Saturday. We docked early (I think), met up with Kirsten and Shawn for breakfast then got ready for a trip to the shore. We didn’t have an excursion booked as we planned to just wander into town.



The heat and humidity was like walking in a sauna - sweat poured down my back, soaking my clothes as we poked around the old part of the city. Narrow alleyways branched off from the main shopping district - pretty. We split up from Kirsten and Shawn so that we could all go at our own pace - Carm and I were somewhat slower as I still wasn’t feeling the greatest.


The dock and town were joined by a long floating pedestrian bridge that is driven out of the way to allow for boats to enter the protected channel - we were lucky enough to see it in action!


I didn’t last long in the sun so Carm and I headed back to the ship, changed into our bathers, then went for a swim. A cold drink brought our body temps down to normal.


Supper was a special affair at the up-charge Italian restaurant - oh my goodness - we were all so stuffed! I had a lamb skewer as my starter and I don’t think I’ve ever had lamb as good. After supper Kirsten and I retired back to our room for an episode of ‘Love Boat’ - we laughed ourselves into coughing fits!



Sunday was the first sea day on the way home. We all had breakfast in the buffet, a window seat that gave us a view of dolphins riding the wake of the ship! So exciting!


Later we spent time on our huge balcony watching the flying fish leap from the water and skip across the surface like smooth rocks on a pond. We saw hundreds of them! Of course with the hot weather we had to spend some time up by the pool :-)



It was formal night so we all dressed in our finery for a rather long supper in the dining room. Kirsten and I had the lobster :-) The service was particularly slow so we didn’t nab our favourite seats in the theatre but had to sit in the first few rows. As it turns out they were fantastic seats for the last production show. The singing and dancing was fantastic. So much fun! And well, the male dancers were good ;-)


For once, Kirsten and I stayed up for a drink after the show - specialty gins at ‘Take 5’ while we listened to some jazz. We should have been doing that every night!



I’m in bed late this morning… not asleep but trying to recapture the last few days. Today is our last day before the long journey home. It's a sea day so will likely be much like yesterday with swimming, sun, and more food. It’s been an awesome trip… I’m sad that it’s ending but will be happy to be home to see the pets. Carm is excited to see his little princess Lupa!



Awesome


“everything”

“the lamb skewers”

No comments: