Wednesday, August 23, 2023

one more step

 I’ve managed to snag some bonus time outside the last few days, lucking into some blue sky when there was cloud in the forecast. The days of summer are quickly winding down… some of the trees down by the creek are turning brown - the hawthorns I think, the cicadas are in full symphony and even though it's 26C, there is the faintest undertone of snow in the air, or is that my subconscious getting me ready for the inevitable end of summer?


There have been a few trips to the hospital - on Monday Mom got fitted for an obturator, and today she went through all the pre-op stuff (bloodwork, paperwork, etc.). Friday she picks up the obturator, then we’ll find out what time she has to be at the hospital on Monday for her surgery. One step at a time but it’s seeming like it’s taking forever…


Carm dashed off last night to the trailer leaving me behind to take Mom to her appointment today… last night he had a movie night with Shawn to see ‘Oppenheimer’ and today the RV repair guy came to fix some stuff! Hurrah - a bunch of to-do’s are off the list. The trailer has drained our bank account a bit this summer! But we love it so it’s all worth it :-)


Now here’s a bit of a laugh for you - I, a grown woman about to turn 61, drove in a parking garage for the first time ever! It was a harrowing experience as the thing was under construction which meant weaving around poles and stuff, but I did it :-) It may seem surprising, but Carm does all of the driving and so the most driving I ever did was when I was 16, 17, and 18 years old - that’s a long time ago!


I read a bit about ‘flat-earthers’ and am astounded that people can be so anti science/government. It also seems that the government is putting chem-trails in the air that are filled with aluminium and other compounds to disrupt the environment. Apparently some people think climate change is done by world governments and/or Bill Gates. Interesting…



Awesome!


“bonus afternoon reading”

“parking garage!”

“my Mom”


No comments: