Thursday, November 23, 2023

harvesting herbs

 Blech! Still grey! There was a time that I thought to repaint the great room grey and add more grey 'things'... alas, I did add a few grey things but LUCKILY we didn't repaint as I know now that it would have created a space that is depressing all the time, not just when we are socked in with low clouds!


We just replaced the cover on the squishy loveseat with another grey one and now I wish I had gone with another colour… so I'll be stuck with that for a few years…


Same with the camper… I thought that I'd go grey with the new sofa but now I know that it would be too dark and dreary - I want to lighten that space up, not dim it…


Yesterday I talked about all Mom's appointments, but I didn't mention that Graham has been bringing Mom to many of her radiation appointments - it's great that she has that support at home. As of tomorrow she'll be 76% done! (yes, we are counting the days!)


I harvested some more herbs today! Parsley, sage, and oregano are very hardy! We've had nights well below freezing but still they soldier on… I think I got the last of it today. It got chopped and thrown into the lentil soup that I made for lunch. We've been having a proper lunch for a few weeks now - lots and lots of lentils and tons of vegetables gives us a head start on our day. So much fibre… it takes at least 45 minutes to get it into the pot so I make a big batch to have servings for a few days.


Tonight we had a nice supper with Pat. After supper we cosied up to watch a few episodes of the Orville!



Awesome!


“harvesting herbs in the snow”

“getting a good nights sleep”

“grass crispy with frost”

“leftover gravy with bits of meat - amazing on fries! Almost a poutine”

No comments: