Wednesday, March 6, 2024

just when I thought

It seems that anytime things are looking like they are getting back to normal, something else pops up. Sunday night I twisted the wrong way and screwed up my back… very painful with spasms at every movement… I was in slightly better shape when I got up on Monday morning but it wasn't ideal and movement was painful! Kirsten was walking so I figured I'd just gimp around the house while she did, but at the last minute got onto the treadmill and being careful with my movement had a huge improvement - I was able to keep it up for 50 minutes - at a snails pace again but hey! I even went out for a half hour walk with Carm later in the afternoon 🤪


I think the initial walking and lots of careful stretching ‘massaged’ a nerve back into place, so now I'm just left with some inflammation but no spasms. I've walked every day since which seems to be helping!


I continue to carry on as if I were normal!


Last week, a few days before we went to Olaf's, our hot water suddenly became SCALDING hot! We don't know what caused the change, perhaps one of the thermometers malfunctioned. Over a few days he was able to adjust the temp until it's acceptable, but why? He chatted with the hot water tank company and they sent replacement thermometers :-)


There are only a few tiny patches of snow left where the snowblower had piled it especially high! We've had record breaking heat for a few days, even today, with the cold front dropping the temperature from the teens, it's still unseasonably warm at 5C. We should still be in the thick of winter…


Eleven percent of Americans have type II diabetes. Photos of kids lunchboxes have been showing up in my feed lately - it is shocking what is considered food in the US. Lunches with mostly pre-packaged sweets and chips seem almost the norm. And often a sandwich on white bread with nutella is included for protein...


Having said that - I am not a perfect eater - not by a long shot! But I hope I'd send real food in a lunch box! It’s time for me to do better with my own nutrition!


I’ve been doing a pretty good job of tuning out the nightly news but sometimes it intrudes and I'll have to say, the world is shit.



Awesome!


“record breaking temperatures”

“goulash with white beans instead of pasta”

“Carm's garlicy crostini”

“cuddling back into the sofa with a hot coffee after an hour of walking”

“cold cucumber”

No comments: