Saturday, June 16, 2018

ornge

I was still in bed when I heard the crash, but being half awake it didn't really register... I should have been running out there with my phone in hand... it wasn't until several minutes later when I heard sirens that my mind woke up. Carm and I dashed outside to see what was going on. Two vehicles were crashed at the corner of our road - one pretty badly damaged. We watched for a while as firetrucks and police cars raced up. I went into the house, but Carm walked up the road to the accident.

A vehicle, driven by a young guy with a young woman as his passenger, had driven through the stop sign. Unfortunately his luck wasn't good and he was slammed into by an older guy, minding his own business. The young woman may not have been wearing her seatbelt.

I went outside again when I heard the helicopter. The 'ORNG' orange helicopter landed in a field beside the accident and loaded the victims. Lets hope they are both okay.


We got some terrible news this morning. Spike's cousin Sunny passed away from a possible reaction to flea/tick medication. Sunny was only 9 and should have had 9 more years ahead of him. Carm's brother Joe and his family are of course devestated, he was their first dog and taught them the joys of canine companionship.

I cried. I cried for Sunny. I cried for Joe & Sandy. I cried for all the dogs, cats and birds we have lost. I cried for the pets we are yet to lose.


I baptized my new camera this afternoon, and started my swimming season at the same time. Carm has been in the pool several times, but I couldn't get myself excited about the cold water. This changed today :-) After an afternoon of errands and driving, a dip in the pool sounded like the perfect ending to a rather up and down day. Plus I wanted to try out my camera.

The feeling of cold water on hot skin blotted other thoughts out of my head. For a moment it was just me and the water. It felt like summer, and thoughts of years of sultry afternoons eased my mind.



No comments: