Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunday

In his haste to get outside this morning, Spike tumbled head over heels down the camper stairs. I don't know what the big rush was... my head was still foggy and I didn't get the leashes untangled for the transit.

I'm sitting outside amongst the raining white seed fluffs that are floating in the breeze, looking for a place to put down roots - better than the rain that is forecast this afternoon.

Grace is outside with me, muttering to herself and enjoying this lovely morning.


The days have developed a rhythum... up early to walk the dogs, back to bed for a few hours, coffee & shower, outside visiting for a few hours, lunch and a bit of quiet time or maybe an outing, visiting in the afternoon, then supper. Today  we missed the campfire due to heavy rain.

I visited at Christine's place in the morning - Mark & Marilyn were there too. The time flew by.

After lunch Mark dropped over to let Grace listen to some awesome flute music. I don't know how impressed she was - I think she would have more appreciation without so much company. After that a bunch of us went for a long walk. We got spit on, but mostly the rain held off.

Supper was cooked by Red Lobster tonight. Seventeen of us headed out from the campground just as the rain started pouring down. A good, but very long, supper took up the evening hours. And full circle we were back with a rained out campfire. Christine and Peter came by for a short visit. And then it was time to walk the dogs (still raining a bit), and now bedtime.

A good time was had by all.


No comments: