Monday, September 23, 2019

friends and family

So much fun has been had since I last wrote that I barely know where to start. 

Friends E & L arrived friday afternoon in time for supper. They set up camp across the road from us, really just a hop skip and a jump away. We sat around outside until everyone was starving for supper. Instant pot to the rescue - saute sausage, add sauce & dried pasta, shut lid and a few minutes later, voila! We sat and laughed well into the night - it seemed like there was so much to share with each other. 

Saturday morning we enjoyed our coffees in the sun and then Carm and E went off on a quest for breakfast and being manly men, to get some meat for supper. L and I kept the home fires burning - toast was good enough for us. Plus I wasn’t ready to leave Adia alone in the camper with so many weekend campers around.


Once the men were back we went our separate ways, walking dogs, relaxing, and waiting for Pat and Olaf and Freya to arrive.

What a party Saturday night! Gosh, it was a blast. We ate supper squished around a rickety old picnic table and then had a roaring campfire. I’m pretty sure we were a noisy bunch but I figured I’m so quiet the rest of the time I’ve earned some noise minutes ;-)



It was though, perhaps a bit too much fun for me… I tried to keep up with little brother Olaf (who is a giant of a man compared to me), and paid for it for in spades. I will never try to be the cool older sister… no, not me! I’m not cool… I’m old and decrepit and a little bit pathetic. Yesterday I could barely get out of bed to entertain our lunch guests. Mom and Dad arrived at 11 on the dot - I dragged myself out of bed for a bit and I’m ashamed to say I didn’t last for long. Thankfully Mom brought lunch so I didn’t have to do much…


What a weekend! I hope to do a slightly less alcoholic reenactment soon!

Through all of this the dogs were great and Adia got right into the fun. We sure lucked out with her. She’s taken to camping like she was born to camp.


You’ll have to excuse all the blurry photos, most were done without a flash and my little underwater camera is not the greatest at night shots.


It was like a Russian party, Arkady thought. People got drunk, recklessly confessed their love, spilled their festering dislike, had hysterics, marched out, were dragged back in and revived with brandy. It wasn't a French salon.”
~Martin Cruz Smith

1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

It is hard to beat a good campfire!