Thursday, September 26, 2019

never dance in a puddle

It’s raining, it’s pouring… but we are cuddled up in the camper, entertained by CNN’s coverage of the Trump/Whistleblower fiasco. Some music would be a lovely change.


I’ll let Adia tell you about the past few days:


Hi. It’s me, Adia. I’ve been having lots of fun. We got into the truck the other day and ended up back at the house home. It was great cause I could run around to stretch my legs. Being on a leash all the time is hard, but it’s not too bad as I can snack on the goose poop all over the place. Laura gets mad at me - she just doesn’t know how yummy those poops are.

The night we were at the house was school night. The teacher said that I was a superstar and I know she is right. I’m so smart. She gave Laura a piece of paper with words to say that I had passed the class. Maybe I’ll do another one to show everyone that I’m even smarter.

The next day I got to run around some more and then we got in the truck again and came back to our camper home. I like this home a lot even though I have to be tied to a rope when I’m outside. There is so much to smell and see. There are some small animals that dart around and run up trees. Laura says they are called squirrels and I’ll tell you, I’d like to catch one. I bet if I was free I’d be able to run fast enough to get one. There are also the geese that poop and leave snacks. They aren’t that interesting. Laura says that I might like to do some coursing next year.

Laura sometimes swears a bit when she steps on one of my bones. She says they should be bright orange so they show up on the floor. I don’t see what the big deal is, can’t she just smell where they are?

I wish it wasn’t raining so that we could go for a long walk. I like doing that. Laura lets me sniff around quite a bit, and then sometimes gets me to walk beside her. When we pass people they are always saying how beautiful I am. I think they are right. They like to pet me and talk about how shiny and nice my fur is. Carm says that in the days coming up it will be boy scout weekend and that there will hundreds and maybe even thousands of boys in the campground. I hope they all want to pet me.
Adia


As you can see, Adia has adjusted well to camping. She’s been great, but we’ve been missing Bella and Kabira, perhaps more than when we are at home. They loved camping and going for walks - the two of them would march side by side, steps in sync, a perfect pair. Yes, I miss them.


Spike has been perky for the walks in the early morning, but after that he toodles along at a snail's pace. It might be his new anti-pull harness, or just that he stiffens up as the day wears on. I’ve been reading about CBD oil for dogs and wonder if I should get some for him.

We haven’t done another proper howling test since I wrote about the last one - that will maybe come next week. Or maybe this weekend because there will be so much boy scout noise that a bit of howling will hardly make a dent. Oh the horrors!

Pat has been camping not far from us so we’ve been doing a bit of socializing with her. I wonder how she is managing with this rain though!


Never dance in a puddle when there's a hole in your shoe (it's always best to take your shoes off first).”
~John D. Rhodes

No comments: