Tuesday, August 18, 2020

tears of joy

 Sunday “we” tackled the tree again today and with a concerted effort bucked up almost all the small stuff and even some of the larger limbs. Only the biggest part of the skeleton remains. Even though we didn’t work as long I was wiped out by the heat. I’m wondering if my lithium levels are borderline high and the heat is toppling me into the slightest edge of overdose range. That’s my excuse anyway ;-)



Spike got a haircut on his face, which he dreads but perks up after it’s done. Could it be relief or maybe his face looks happier with less hair? Or maybe it isn’t so hot.


With the continued dry weather I took the opportunity to dehydrate another batch of chicken hearts Sunday but I’m wondering if I should just keep some cheezies nearby for rewards. They both go bananas over them!



After supper we had a fun online visit with my siblings, et.al. If there’s anything good that’s come out of the pandemic it’s our regular visits.


Monday morning I dashed around getting ready to have a night at Kirsten’s. I left around 1:30 and hit the most hideous road construction… At one point I sat for over 10 minutes waiting for my turn to pass the ugly paving machine. Very frustrating. Needless to say when I came home today I used a different route, although it is longer.


It was a bit of a girls night with lots of laughs and silly talk... I made Kirsten try my glitter eyeliner - it looked great on her! We went to bed before it got too late as the alarm was set early Tuesday morning - Kirsten’s car had to go into the shop for a new windshield. After dropping her car off, the 4 of us drove down to the barn where the girls are taking lessons. Stepping into the indoor arena was a step back into time. The smell… oh the wonderful smell… 


It was a beautiful morning for sitting in the sun watching beautiful horses stride around the giant sand ring popping over the odd fence.



Back at the house while we waited for the car to be ready I convinced Shenna to wield some scissors to cut my bangs - we all agreed that I need bangs! She did a good job :-)


And then home in time to get Adia to the groomers for a nail trim! 


It was a wonderful few days :-)



 Headline tonight: 5,653,534 cases with 174,951 deaths in the US. There are a total of 123,154 (121,889 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 9,045 (9,024 yesterday) deaths today.



“The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.”

~William Blake

No comments: