Wednesday, February 28, 2024

not quite the way I want

 Well… I was premature with my celebration… Monday I crashed… hard… I can't remember the last time I spent 3 days in bed but there you have it. That will teach me to gloat! It’s been so long that I'd forgotten what it's like to be in this state - I’d forgotten the absolute inability to communicate, and perhaps worse, the social withdrawal. It was impossible to string more than one word together, not that I wanted to. Greta Garbo said it best “I want to be alone; I just want to be alone.” 


I still feel leaden and dull - body and brain…  but managed to get the dogs out to their nail appointment - it felt like a major accomplishment. Leftovers for supper again tonight though…


I just have to be patient as it will pass and then I'll be back to normal again. Right?


I did watch 4 mindless movies on Monday and a season of ‘Modern Love’ yesterday…  when I wasn't just blankly staring at the wall. I now know more about the Bee Gees than I wanted to know. I watched ‘the Book Club’ where they go to Italy, then something called ‘the big wedding’, and I ended with ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding #3”... they went to Greece. 


“Some things are hard to write about. After something happens to you, you go to write it down, and either you over dramatize it, or underplay it, exaggerate the wrong parts or ignore the important ones. At any rate, you never write it quite the way you want to.”

Sylvia Plath


Last Friday Christina came by for a test night while we went to Olaf's! I think it went well and we had fun with Olaf & Stephanie. We got a wildly excited greeting when we got home, but then as we were sitting around having tea, Lupa was on Christina's lap! A far cry from Spike who was not a happy camper when we went away.


 Sunday I made a turkey breast roll and we had Trudie, Leo, & Marie over for supper. I had some of the stuffing balls left (and still have a dozen or more in the freezer!). We've been living on leftovers since.


I guess I should mention that we've been having record breaking heat - a high of 14C today! Cold front moving in tonight for another few days of cold and then it's warming up again. Sadly, I haven't gone outside at all since Saturday… although today I managed a few minutes. Most of the snow is gone, leaving an icy path down to the barn. There's muck and half dissolved dog poop everywhere.



Awesome!


“homemade lox”

“a big enough bag of expired batteries to weigh down the piece of fish”

“laughs at Olaf's”

No comments: