Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hot Diggity No Hotdog

On Tuesday Carm finally got to see Gravity, in 3D Imax. Apparently it was quite riveting - and not my sort of movie at all. Scenes with people floating loose in space freak me out a bit!

While Carm was at the theatre with Don, I got to visit with Jo Ellen, and a good visit it was!

On our way home we stopped at Costco to pick up a few things, and I'll have to tell you, if there weren't so many things to taste I would have not been able to resist my craving for a hotdog. WTH! Who gets a craving for hotdogs? Strangely both Carm and I are afflicted with this terrible craving. We've resisted so far, and will hopefully continue to resist - the Costco hotdog, with bun, has around 550 calories. Yikes! I’ve been really careful with my eating, plus I’ve been working out like crazy, so to blow it all for a crummy hotdog just seems crazy!

DSCN4631

It snowed again Wednesday. Not much, but enough to mess up the roads. Carm is fed up with shovelling the end of the laneway, so is shopping for a snow blower. I say "yeah", as I always worry when he is shovelling so much heavy snow...

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. ~Robert J Collier

2 comments:

Merikay said...

Good for him. When we lived in Wisconsin I shoveled some of the snow during the day and Craig would do the rest. It was always so hard! Many an older man has had a heart attack while shoveling. Better to use a blower.

Laura said...

Heart attack was one of the reasons I pushed for it. I help shovel sometimes, but my back isn't that strong.