Friday, February 9, 2018

a cobblers miracle

Miracles do happen and one happened here today. If you’ve followed my blog for any length of time you’ve read of my troubles with getting shoes that fit and that don’t hurt my feet. Well, a tendril of madness was present the other day when I saw this cute pair of silver shoes online… I crossed my fingers and pressed ‘order’. It was with excited trepidation that I tore open the box today - would they or wouldn’t they? They slid right onto my feet and it was instant comfort!!!! I walked around the house a bit, tried them with a light sock, got on the treadmill for ¼ mile and SMILED. Hurrah!

Snow. White. Colourless. Or is it? I strode along on the treadmill, staring out the window at the endless white. The earth seemed blank and boring. Later, outside, I crouched down to admire the perfection of the individual flakes; a cloud shifted in the sky and the sun was suddenly bright upon me, and there, locked in the flake was a rainbow. I imagined that if the sun was able to shine on each flake of snow just right, the field would be an amazing sight.

The instant pot and actifry have had a short break over the last week: supper at Trudie’s on Sunday, and then supper at Jo Ellen’s on Thursday.

Speaking of snow… we’ve had more and more… no worries about the ice anymore.

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
~Albert Einstein


No comments: