Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Welcome!

I’ve gotten behind cataloging the family fun.

Saturday we met Olaf, Freya and Tammy at St. Albert Cheese factory for some calorific eats. Hamburger with a side of poutine for me! Then Olaf and Freya came back to our place for a quick swim before they headed off to their next round of fun.

Once they were gone the minutes ticked slowly. I tracked when Kirsten and the girls would have been in the air, where they might be, and late into the night, their approach into Ottawa. I lay in bed watching the clock… landed… pick up luggage… back to Mom & Dad’s… oh why didn’t I go to meet them off the plane!!!!

All night I listened to Bella breathe, or try to breathe. It was heart-breaking and I wondered if the decision would be made soon.

Finally it was morning and time to get up and get into town to see Kirsten and the girls! I slathered some makeup on and dragged on a pair of jeans (of course it was cool and slightly raining - welcome to Canada). And then, we were there! Hugs all around and I’m not ashamed to say that I teared a bit.



We chatted, catching up on the latest. They were all fully jet-lagged and needed a walk so we headed onto the trails by Mom’s house. It was fun and I was happy as a lark :-)

The afternoon flew by with a trip to Cinnabon and a giant sugar rush. Mom whipped up supper and then it was time to go home. Olaf drove with Kirsten in the jump seat and we even had a little visit once we got to my place.

Meanwhile, Carm took care of all the beasts so that I could enjoy my family.


It was a long day of driving and exploring today so I’ll catch up more tomorrow when I can better formulate a sentence. My head is seriously spinning.

No comments: