Sunday, January 15, 2023

pink sky in the evening

 I was disappointed when I woke up to grey skies again. I had been sure the forecast was for sun today and tomorrow but it seemed that they were very mistaken… as the morning wore on the grey slowly morphed into a bright blue sky and I was happy!


The sunshine and white snow, not to mention two dogs careening around the house, enticed us out onto our snowshoes again. It was glorious! The dogs ran around following suspicious animal tracks (coyote?) while we stomped down our trail. Another perfect winter day :-)



It’s 3pm, my spot on the sofa is in full-on sun but I feel like getting supper underway. My favourite time to cook is mid to late afternoon - by 5:30 I’m not in the mood anymore - when the sun goes down my motivation vacates the premises. Sometimes I think that having our main meal during the day would better suit me. I’m making chicken & dumplings which is a slightly more complex recipe than normal.  If I start now, supper will be ready by 4:30… which even by our normal eating time is a bit early. Well, maybe I could do some prep now. 



It’s past 6 now… we’ve warmed our tummies with delicious chicken & dumplings. I did the prep then started the broth. After that I played clicker with Lupa… she’s catching on but she doesn’t hold a candle to Spike. I have a new appreciation for his brains as I struggle to not compare Lupa as she muddles along.


She’s catching on but gosh. She doesn’t have the same ‘try’ as he did. If she can’t find the toy (and seriously it’s in my eyesight), she just lies down and barks at me :-( Today she made big strides in the amount of time she’d look - from 5s to 60s is a big improvement (I keep telling myself). 


I do love her though :-)



We saw the beaver!

Awesome!


“pure white snow”

“Lupa racing down the path and leaping through deep snow”

“Adia stretched in the sun”

“pink sky in the east as the sun set in the west”

No comments: