Sunday, April 28, 2024

milestones

 I was pretty excited this morning… I hit a milestone in my weight loss so out of curiosity I tried on the gown that I wore as a matron of honour at Kirsten's wedding in 1996… IT FIT! Now I want to book a cruise so I can wear it on formal night! My coral sequin dress fits too - I was able to wear it several years ago to my niece's wedding but, alas, I grew out of it again. Of course, that is today, and I'm not the best at maintaining… NOTE to self: keep eating healthily and don't fall back into bad habits.



The days have been passing quickly… We've had supper at Trudie & Leo's, I visited my Mom & Dad, we've gotten new tires on the car (oh the excitement!) and we've visited a friend in the hospital twice. Today we met with friends from the Titanium rally who were in town - great chats and huge amounts of food. Lots of activitiy to keep my mind occupied.


Speaking of keeping my mind occupied, I'm over the initial shock of the diagnosis and am looking forward to getting the process going. I feel much calmer and less stressed than I did while waiting for the results - sometimes it is better to know, and this is definitely one of those times. Of course my friend Google has been a great resource for mentally preparing myself. There is so much good information that describes what the treatment might be.


I've had FOUR women contact me about my blog post that have gone through the same thing! It's good to know that there are others out there alive and kicking, in some cases years later. As I said to Carm, it's just another thing to get through and we've gotten through lots of things together, not least of which was my bipolar diagnosis. In other words, we've had lots of practice!!! I feel that compared to bipolar, this will be a walk in the park! (ha ha touch wood).



Weirdly, I'm covered with huge, ugly bruises (I might be exaggerating a bit). I was slightly alarmed so asked Google why. There were lots of reasons, one being a vitamin deficiency - I'm pretty sure that's not the case, but! Omega 3s can cause random bruising. I did a bit more reading to confirm and have now stopped taking it. I started taking it about 6 weeks ago when it looked like I could have cancer as it possibly can help slow tumour growth and goodness knows I'd been deficient for years. I have a lot of trouble swallowing pills and the behemoth fish oil pills were impossible so we got some in liquid form. Easy right? Hummm… who knew! It's as weird as the black licorice causing horrible leg cramps.


Yesterday we had a few rafters of turkeys hanging around the house. This morning there was a straggler so I had to go out before letting the dogs out to chase him away. This time of year Nature is encroaching!



Awesome!


“a golden gown”

“spring approaching”

“small local hospitals”

“feeling fit”

No comments: