Friday, April 19, 2024

viridscent

 I've tried to write the first sentence for today's post for the past half hour but my brain is not cooperating… I know that I want to talk about how the earth is coming to life - grass is turning green and the leaves on the trees are budding with life. 


The treadmill stands sentry in front of a window looking south through a few trees to the hay field. The brown fields are quickly turning green as Nature wakes from her long sleep. Everytime I glance out the window it seems that another viridescent layer has been brushed onto the slopes. A few weeks ago, the race to summer was on, but since then, there's been a slowdown… cold weather with not much sun has slowed the return of life.


Speaking of the treadmill, it's seen lots of use this week! I've walked with Kirsten every day and even snuck in an hour-long tromp on the road with Christina. My weakling legs walked 2 ½ hours Wednesday!.  I was surprised at my fitness :-) I thought that I'd be gimping around on Thursday but NOT!


I've been making only the most basic of meals: veggies and beans in multiple formats… Carm doesn't complain but he'd probably love something else! (although he has had leftover beef stew a few nights). Next week I'm going to try making sun-dried tomato chickpea burgers for something different. And gosh, I need new ways to cook broccoli, and I have a purple cabbage that I have to figure out how to cook… I might try making a vegan ‘exploded eggroll’ with lentils instead of pork.


I have to capitalize on my motivation as it's sure to wane at some point…


Lupa was on the road again… we think she gets out by the bridge and can't find her way back… I'm debating on taking her out there on her leash and showing her how to get ‘home’. We also have plans to add some chicken wire along part of the perimeter. Luckily the passing truck stopped and didn't run her over.


Wednesday we opened the slides on the villetta :-) I can start taking stock and figuring out exactly how and what I'm going to redecorate. Plans, like sugar plum fairies, dance in my head as I try to fall asleep at night, pushing out any other worries and anxieties. I have a vision in my head of what I want, now for the execution!



Awesome!


“numbers on the scale”

“no sore legs the next day”

“slides out”

No comments: