Monday, April 20, 2015

Rainy Days and Mondays

Do you ever have those periods where you go from task to event to bed with your brain in a mush and no energy left to put fingers to the keyboard? I've been going through that for the last little while but today, with rain pounding against the window, I'm cuddled up in a blanket and my tablet on my lap.

The last week has been sunny and unseasonably warm which is a nice change after the coldest and longest winter ever. It was nice enough to open the slides on the camper!!!! I dragged the vacuum out to suck up all the Asian beetles and dead flies that died over the winter, and a bucket of water to give a good scrub of the countertops and other horizontal surfaces. I still have a few cubbies to wash out and then it is ready to be loaded for a summer of fun.

On the first free night we brought a chilled bottle of what else but bubbles, and some supper fixings and had our first evening in the rolling villetta - ah, bliss. There is still a month to go before a real camp but it was nice to have a taste.

I did do one thing that probably should have been done by a professional… hem some pants for Carm. One pair are almost flood pants, another has the legs different lengths, oh wait, two pairs have different length legs… HEY! Maybe Carm's legs are the problem and not my sewing at all ;-)

If you were given the opportunity to have a super power what would it be? I'd want the incredible power of making people laugh. I'd love to be funny enough to do stand-up and be quick enough to make people laugh in normal conversation. I'd love to be a funny writer like Dave Barry.


Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothin' ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothin' to do but frown
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

What I've got they used to call the blues
Nothin' is really wrong
Feelin' like I don't belong
Walkin' around
Some kind of lonely clown
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down
~Carpenters


No comments: