Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tea and ginger nuts

I am thrilled to be sitting on the swing, enjoying the beautiful day. Well… mostly enjoying it. I think I mentioned the helicopter yesterday, today they have stepped up their flights so there is a constant woof filling the air. When it is right overhead (like it was when I started writing this) it is pretty darn loud and annoying. The birdsong is drowned out by the mechanical monstrosity. Somebody must have won the lottery cause those things are expensive to fly.

Back to the swing :-)  Grace is in her cage beside me making sounds of contentment and saying hello. She likes it outside when I am her companion but I'm not so sure she likes it when she is out here by herself.

20150429_165524-maple-buds

The grass seems to be a shade greener than yesterday, and there is a faint haze of green in the trees across the river (Glen's weeping willow is veiled in Chartreuse ). Some of the trees are maples and sport red buds. The Manitoba maple trees right around the deck are pollinating. The robin is sitting on eggs in the nest just over my shoulder. Life is bursting forth from its long, cold nap.

And I'm drinking tea and eating ginger nuts from New Zealand on my swing.

 

The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself. ~William Blake

No comments: