Sunday, April 24, 2016

moving

Yesterday we drove to a nearby city (1.5 hrs away) to help my brother and his wife move into their new house. We were especially happy to do so as it meant that they are 1/2 a world closer. In New Zealand they were about as far from here as they could get and now they are a mere 1 1/2 hours away. I'm very happy :-)

I had my phone along as I wanted to be accessible to Pat, our new pet sitter. As it turns out she did call, but I didn't have my phone nearby and missed her calls and messages. Well, bother. The phone is too big for my pocket and I don't really want my purse slung across my shoulder as I go about my business - what do you all do? I need some ideas!

I went online looking for a solution and saw some phone holsters on the Walmart site. At first glance they looked like exactly what I was looking for… then I opened the link… they were for GUNS. Walmart sells gun holsters online. There are some times when I feel SO Canadian, and this was one of them.


Today I've been playing around with my phone: testing the battery, seeing how the Bluetooth headphones work with music and a phone call, trying out 'map my walk' app. You know - putzing around being unproductive. It is a beautiful day so I've had the dogs out a few times (so that I could map my walk!).

No comments: