Tuesday, March 14, 2017

snow... unceasing snow

It was/is a snow day today - hopefully this is the last storm. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse and then… maybe…. spring. Carm started a fire and I pulled Spike's loveseat away from the window and up beside the fireplace. With fluffy pillows and a cosy blanket over the seat it is a nice place to watch the snow swirl from the sky. It isn't coming down heavily but with a strong wind from the east it is coming down sideways. Kabira and Spike aren't keen to stay out very long, but Bella doesn't seem to mind. I wore my parka with a big hood every time I ventured outside. Brrrr. Brrrr. Brrrr.

I have all the doors into the great room closed which leaves the fire to warm a large, easy to heat rectangle (albeit with wall to wall windows - it would be nice to have heavy velvet drapes to pull against the cold, but that would make it dark in here so maybe the windows are best). The thermostat for the furnace is in this room so it isn't going on. The rest of the house is slowly getting colder but that's okay. Almost everything we need is in the warm part. It would have been a good day to have a soup simmering away in the crockpot.

I have a Disney movie and a bunch of episodes of Modern Family that I was saving for a day like this, but I haven't extracted myself from the loveseat so they'll have to wait.

All Heaven and Earth
Flowered white obliterate...
Snow...unceasing snow”
~Bashō Matsuo, Japanese Haiku

No comments: