Thursday, January 30, 2020

what was I thinking?

It seemed like a good idea, after all, I’m trying to be more me with a bit of zany thrown in… so, I picked up a box of PERMANENT pink hair dye. You know, the kind that doesn’t wash out in a few days… This afternoon I got busy with the bottles of slightly scary and stinky stuff, smearing it in my hair, waiting for the appropriate length of time (although in retrospect it might have taken longer to get the timer set than was ideal), and finally washing it out and applying the final conditioner.

Step out of the shower. Try not to look in the giant mirror until hair is a bit puffed up from the  towel and I had my glasses on. Gasp! According to my colour wheel, there is not much orange in pink… not so on my head. I am now sport a slightly bright orangy pink head of hair. Oh boy…

PERMANENT!

Carm says it doesn’t look too bad, but honestly, what else could he say without sending me twirling into a hysterical freak out!

before hair fiasco with awesome coat

I was hoping for the same colour as the box, which would have been a lovely match to the awesome blush pink coat that I got yesterday for an incredible deal.

carrot top


Aside from this fiasco I’ve had a great last few days. Tuesday we visited Don in the hospital - it was great to see him looking so well. From there Carm dropped my off at the cardiac vet that Kirsten was taking Atlas to - now confirmed with DCM, most likely genetic. Vet recommended food with no peas, lentils, or potatoes in the first 5 ingredients. 

I was glad to go home with them during this difficult time. Hopefully the girls, especially Shenna, were able to take their mind off things for a bit as we hoo hawed around.


In the morning over coffee we all relaxed with face masks - it was hard not to laugh or smile! We laughed at some of our favorite doll stories with the most hilarity over the severed head Christmas decorations that Mom gave us one year!



We met up with Carm for lunch and then C&I headed home so Adia would get a bit of practice before school. The class went well, although she was a bit ADD - I blame it on being away from home for two days. The bonus was that a spot for the next session opened up so we are signed up for another 6 weeks after the current session.

This morning I packaged up 5kg of hearts, including drying some in the microwave. Carm can’t stand the smell of cooking heart (and I’ll admit it’s a big gross smelling), so he carried the microwave down to the basement to banish the smelly task.

Then we drove to Winchester to the PetValu for a bag of Stella & Chewy’s ancient grain food. I’ve mixed it in with the Acana until we run out. Eventually we’ll feed S&C along with raw meat. I think it will be a good compromise.


“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”
~Audrey Hepburn

No comments: