Wednesday, May 27, 2020

splish splash!

With my eyes tightly screwed against the cold I slipped into the pool. What! My eyes opened wide and I let out my breath… the water was a perfect temperature! I would be happy with the balmy 79F water any time in the summer and am especially happy for it to be this warm in May. Of course with the cold temps forecast later in the week that may well change, but for now I’m going to revel in the cooling waters. 

We hit a record high of 34C!!! Unheard of. And to think that just 2 weeks ago we had snow!


Soon after I got up this morning I took Brenda’s suggestion of going for a little walk. I didn’t go far, just around the field, but I took my time to enjoy the beauty. One of the most marvelous things of summer is the kaleidoscope of scent in the air. Apple blossoms, lilac, and others perfume the atmosphere. I took time to look at the far away vistas and admired the wild apple trees at the far end of the field. Even the dandelions bring beauty and joy. Who can resist the bright yellow face.


Spike got a fast clip this afternoon, just his feet and upper body, but it will keep him a little cooler. I didn’t want to subject him to the whole shebang, but with Carm’s help it took less than ½ hour. Tomorrow after his stitches are out and he no longer needs to wear the cone, I’ll take the CLIPPERs to his ears - no scissors!

Adia was a goof and wanted to lie out in the sun for a while!

Later in the afternoon we tootled over to Trudie & Leo’s to pick up a few plants and have a short visit. It was great to feel slightly normal for a while, although Covid was always in the back of my mind. 


Headline tonight:  1,745,369 cases with 102,091 deaths in the US. There are a total of 87,519 (86,647 yesterday) cases of Covid-19 in Canada today, with 6,765 (6,639 yesterday) deaths today.


“Quartering the topmost branches of one of the tall trees, an invisible bird was striving to make the day seem shorter, exploring with a long-drawn note the solitude that pressed it on every side, but it received at once so unanimous an answer, so powerful a repercussion of silence and of immobility, that one felt it had arrested for all eternity the moment which it had been trying to make pass more quickly.”
~Marcel Proust

No comments: