Thursday, March 4, 2021

not an airborne flying carpet

 Little carpets and mats dot the hardwood landscape in the living room creating a series of stepping stones to help the little dog. He’s doing well today - so much better than yesterday - but still slips at times. In some places the floor is more slippery so we’ve dug out every old mat that we could find to add some traction. Carm even dashed out to Giant Tiger for something for the kitchen.


It’s a big relief to see him almost recovered from the anesthetic. He’s still a bit out of it though but I blame that on the codeine tablet. He started eating today too - bits of canned tripe out of my hand - it stinks and is gross but he likes it!


I made a batch of bone broth today using the carcass of an ancient turkey from my mother’s freezer. The smell!!!! 🤢 The rest of the bird has been earmarked for the trash. Hopefully I didn’t ruin the seal of my instant pot… those darn things tend to hang on to odours. I guess tomorrow’s batch of egg bites will reveal any lingering grossness.



“It is better to look forward to summer than to curse winter.”

~Matshona Dhliwayo

No comments: