Monday, August 23, 2021

garlic stored

 Itˋs been another sultry day where outside activity is slowed. This afternoon we trimmed the garlic and after ½ hour outside I felt sick and woozie… Iˋve never been good in the heat and itˋs certainly not improved with age. I remember lying on a sofa one hot dusty day when I was staying with Auntie Rena all those decades ago. I felt that I wasnˋt trying hard enough and was weak. Silly really.



We did end up with a wall of garlic in the furnace room - a shield against any neighborhood vampires. The crazy thing is that weˋll go through it all and more by next summerˋs harvest!


We also dug up the potatoes that weˋd thrown into the dirt in the spring on a lark as they were sprouting in the pantry. We didnˋt get buckets but enough for a few meals. Tonight weˋll have some with the brisket that Iˋve got cooking in the instant pot. (my mouth is watering at the thought). I might make a browned butter sage sauce for the little gems.


Spike is walking circles around the living room so it must be almost time to take him outside before bed. He may be thinking about his bedtime snack too ;-)


Awesome!


“warm pool water encouraged me to float around for ages”

“Adia doing the zoomies around the potato patch”

“little potato gems hidden in the earth”

“huge bulbs of garlic”

“trying a new recipe for brisket - the dry rub smelled wonderful and the cooking water with onion and a bunch of spices smelled promising”

“lots of music”

No comments: