Tuesday, November 16, 2021

vincent

Ever since the massive tidy-up last week I’ve been trying to keep up with the constant flow of stuff as it seems like things have a mind of their own and migrate to clutter spots themselves. Seriously though, I’m finding that it’s a near constant effort to keep up with it. I’m trying to work it into my routine (cause I’m all about routines!). On my way to bed is a  100% no go. I can fit in a bit while my coffee is making, but that’s also when Spike gets his eye drops and I take my CBD. What seems to work best is ‘see it - do it’... there’s a lot to see!


The tidying even slipped down the stairs to the basement pantry shelves. It’s one of our dumping off points so it was piled high with stuff and driving me crazy. It didn’t take long to straighten it out - how long before it’s a mess again?


Carm dropped me off at the drugstore this morning for my flu shot, only to find out that the message on their answering machine is WRONG and that they only take appointments… the message on the phone said walk-ins only. I did voice my frustration with THEIR instructions but the lady didn’t seem to get it. Argggh. She gave me an appointment for this afternoon leaving us just enough time to get to liquidation for a short shop. Then I got jabbed.


It was a nice day for a drive in the country with bright sunshine and dry roads. 

I went out with an empty stomach and by the time I got home was hungry with terrible acid reflux that still hasn’t settled.


Somehow the combination of all these events manifested itself into a wham o smack of anxiety and panic that lasted into the afternoon. It came as a surprise as since I started daily CBD I’ve only had a very few incidents. I feel that I should be able to get this in hand better but it was a struggle.


Sometimes it seems that keeping sane is a lot of exhausting work. At times there is a temptation to say to heck with it and head back to bed but luckily I have a little spark that keeps me going. Maybe everyone goes through this?


And then, just to make things worse for myself, I ran across this blog article: https://youdidwhatwithyourweiner.com/love-and-loss-letting-go-of-my-dog-with-dementia/

which had me bawling. We are (hopefully) a long way from this but it’s on the horizon. I suppose I’ve been grieving for a while… maybe that will lessen the impact of when the time comes.


Tomorrow they are calling for freezing rain and snow - ugh. Speaking of snow - yesterday we had our first tiny accumulation.



Pat came for supper last night: White bean & garlic stew. I’ve made it before but not for ages (maybe a few years) and had forgotten just how good it is. A dusting of pecorino would have raised this pasta fagioli (without the pasta),  from a solid four to a lofty five. 



A lovely treat surprised me at the mailbox tonight! Just when I needed a little boost :-) Thank you! I love van Goth and Starry Night is my personal favorite.




Awesome!


“getting the flu vaccine”

"Moon hanging in the sky"

“a surprise at the mailbox”


"And even though it all went wrong,

I’ll stand before the Lord of Song

with nothing on my lips but Hallelujah!” Leonard Cohen

No comments: