Thursday, March 23, 2023

No spring in sight

Overnight, freezing rain glazed the trees, the droplets of water hanging in suspended animation, and now the ice is being dissolved by a downpour of cold rain. It’s hovering around the freezing mark - danger range! Poor Adia wouldn’t leave the overhang of the garage this morning so is splitting a gut inside at the moment…


When is spring going to actually arrive?


The day passed quickly with dog games and a bit (a lot) of mooching around the house - safely inside away from the rain. I was watching some video about getting your dog to chill in the house and thought back to a year ago when I was nearly at my wits end with Lupa. These days if she’s not playing with a toy or Adia, she’s usually curled up against me sleeping, or laid back in my arms like a baby. No more exhausted puppy owner wondering what I’d gotten myself into 😍 No, none of that! She’s turned into a pretty good dog (for most things… we do have multiple ‘opportunities’ with her!)



Awesome!


“being snug in the house with nowhere to go on a freezing rain morning”

“dogs racing down the hall during our recall game"



7 comments:

Merikay said...

"droplets of water hanging in suspended animation" are commonly called "fog". Or if higher, "clouds".

Merikay said...

actually, that was me: Craig

Laura said...

Hi Craig. Is this the comment that you had trouble posting?

Laura said...

I'm leaving a comment after changing to a new window and also added a recaptcha.

Merikay MacKenna said...

Trying to post as Merikay, under Safari.

Merikay MacKenna said...

Trying to post as Merikay, under Chrome.

Merikay said...

Trying to post as Merikay, under Opera.
If this gets through, you have improved the "commentability"
of your site, under 3 browsers that didn't work yesterday.
Congratulations!
As far as problems with trying to post as Craig, those have
existed for a long time. Maybe someday I will try to fix them.