Wednesday, March 13, 2024

spring forward

 Sunday morning, while I was lying in bed struggling to find a reason to get up, I decided that instead of dreading my time on the treadmill, it will be something to look forward to. Don't get me wrong, I do look forward to chatting with Kirsten, but the physical effort? Not always. 


Looking back I can see that all my failed attempts at consistent exercise were based on mindset. I'd tell myself that I only had to get on for 10 minutes, like it was some sort of punishment, in the hopes that I'd get into the groove and walk longer. It usually worked but I'd go through the same mind games the next day and the next - motivation did not endure! 


The times that I've been most successful was when I was fired up about the exercise and feeling of getting stronger. This is what I have to recapture, and I think I'm starting to get there. All that said, I cannot discount the absolute awesomeness of having an exercise buddy!


down by the creek


Sunday was mostly rainy but finished off with some snow that stuck to the ground. We had to scrape the car when we left Trudie & Leo's after supper. By the time I got up Monday, (shockingly late again!), the snow was mostly gone. It's sunny this afternoon with the forecast showing above zero across the board for the next week. Unheard of.


Several weeks ago I might have mentioned that I made preserved lemons - well, Saturday was the day to try it. I took one quarter of a lemon, rinsed it, chopped it finely, then stirred it into garlic & fennel that I was sauteeing for a rice pilaf - it gave a delicate lemon flavour to the rice. The jar should keep in the fridge for several months :-)


I also made lox from some salmon that we got on sale. Easy and so so good!


Last night we had Trudie & Leo over for a quick supper. They were gone by 7:30 - we are definitely all getting older and sleepier ;-)


I had to get some imaging done at our small local hospital this morning. The technicians were all friendly and helpful, and it was an easy shift from one area to the other. In the city I might have even needed to change hospitals for the second image - yay for small towns!



Scamper… a word that aptly describes Lupa running from room to room with her toys. The dogs have scads of toys, some of which are around 2 years old. The little monkey, with the long brown tail, still survives despite it being Adia's favourite. Lupa prefers the giant toys that are almost as big as she is! She wrestles and drags the dragon all over the house, and can even jump onto the bed with it, although not always on her first try!



Awesome!


“walking for an hour on my own”

“small town hospitals”

“salmon”

“a gorgeous sunny day - almost shirtsleeve temps!”

“dogs asleep in the sun spot”

“Lupa lying flat on her tummy with her legs stretched out behind her - so cute!”

"daylight savings time"

No comments: