Sunday, October 6, 2019

a ray of sun

As I sat down with my cup of tea on Friday afternoon, a ray of sun broke through the cloud cover. Slowly the sky cleared to a beautiful blue. My mood lifted a bit and I got cracking with the rest of the cleaning and supper prep. I could feel the excitement of having company start push away the grey sludge.

At 5:30 there was a quiet knock on the door and L. walked in with a beautiful smile. Grey… gone. Soon E. was there and we gathered around the little dining table, elbow to elbow, smiling and laughing and having a good time. Earlier in the day I had thought that cancelling would have not been in my best interest and I was right.


Saturday was a gorgeous day - not a cloud in the sky. I did the usual routine with the dogs and then we locked them away and went to Morrisburg for breakfast. Smiles and laughter. The rest of the day was spent walking the dogs and lounging around outside, soaking up the autumn sun. Peaceful Easy Feeling. I tried to memorize the feeling and knock into my head that it is achievable if I do the right things. 

And about the dogs. I ran the recording app on my phone when we left for breakfast but we were gone too long for it to render the sound wave so I couldn’t easily tell how much noise they made without listening to the whole thing. Luckily (?) they guy from the camper across the way was outside so I asked him if he heard anything. No! 

Friday Carm picked up a big, fluffy comforter to stuff into Adia’s crate in the living room. We wondered if she’d like it. Well, Spike has taken it over and Adia scoots in if Spike’s not there. 


Friday night was ccccold so we and our guests stayed inside for the evening. The dogs were good, even Adia. Same with yesterday. It’s a small space so I was expecting trouble, and maybe even that I’d have to lock her in her crate, but no.


Okay, so maybe she wasn’t so good for a few minutes!


Right now (noon), I’m sitting in the house home freezing. It’s 13c/55f. We are home to get ready to go to a Celebration of Life for Carm’s friend’s father. 

It’s 7:30 now and we are back at camp watching Brian Cox. We had a nice time at the event, touching base with people we haven’t seen for decades. Once home I drew myself a hot bath. Steamy hot water with bubbles up to my chin - bliss! I could stay on the camper forever but would sorely miss my bathtub. Finally laundry was done and we were at the door ready to leave the house. The dogs were jumping around in excitement so I guess they aren’t sick of camping yet either!


My anthem:

Cause I got a peaceful easy feelin'
And I know you won't let me down
Cause I'm already standin'
On the ground”
~the Eagles

No comments: