Monday, July 5, 2021

shorn

 Four hundred and eighty three days worth of hair fell to the floor today. My last haircut was just before the pandemic started and finally today I sat in the barber chair again. I used my Momˋs lady for the first time and I think she did a bang-up job :-)



Itˋs been a week of firsts… yesterday we had our first dinner guests in 473 days (not counting the sibling bubble last summer). Friends! Oh sure weˋd had a few visits in the laneway but yesterday we moved the party to the back deck and I served supper out there. Iˋd forgotten how mellow and relaxed I used to feel when supper was on the table.



(the weird smudge on my face must have been a reflection but this was the best photo I had)


Iˋm getting used to the new keyboard BUT there are some things that are minor irritations. For example the ˋ key is a backwards quote - to get the real quote I have to choose a non standard key location. I generally touch type without looking at the keyboard so to change the automatic motions is a big deal. The question mark is in a weird place too.


But the screen is fantastic! Zooming with Olaf last night really showcased the marvelous picture. He and Steph could almost have been in the room. Alas, they werenˋt… but it was the next best thing.




After schlepping my vacuum back and forth from the camper to home we decided to fork out for one that could live in the villetta full-time. We found something on Amazon for less than ½ of what a Dyson cost so with some apprehension, shelled out the dough. It arrived yesterday - after it was charged up I did a trial run - it did a good-enough job and will be more than adequate for the camper, but it is clearly the poor cousin of the Dyson. 



Weˋve been leaving Adia loose when we leave the house, for short periods at first. Today was the longest and she was great. We didnˋt have the spy camera on (remember for next time) to see what sheˋs up to, but nothing was wrecked and she wasnˋt hysterical so I consider it a win :-)



Awesome!


“gathering around the table with friends”

“a new cordless vacuum is always my awesome”

“getting a hair cut after so long”

walking down the basement stairs and having the lights come on automatically”

“getting home and finding no potty accident by Spike”

“getting home and finding nothing wrecked by Adia”

“the apple trees are groaning with the weight of apples”


No comments: