Saturday, July 24, 2021

you shouldnt cook bacon naked

 I wouldnˋt have been surprised if a passing car stopped to see what was going on… I was flat on my back in a field of Queen Anneˋs Lace, the celebrant of late July days. I wanted one photo with the flower silhouetted against a blue sky, alas, the sky wasnˋt all that blue but my wet clothes were worth it.



Adia (I almost wrote Kabira) was playing nearby, fascinated by the jumping grasshoppers. Occasionally one would fly away and sheˋd leap and bound after it. I laughed out loud.



The sound of bees feasting on the patch of wild flowers almost drowned out the unwelcome sound from the road. I walked carefully, not just to avoid a sting, but to avoid trampling too many flowers.



Awesome!


“having a shower on the back deck with water warm from the sun”

“puttering around the back deck before I even had a coffee”

“peaceful easy feeling after waking up a little discombobulated”

“knowing that a pot of black beans is cooking in the IP”

“on the same vein, having a fresh zucchini salad marinating in the fridge”

“Carm coming home with bags of the lovely cookies Kirsten brought last weekend”


1 comment:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

That was a great title:) Sure got my interest up:)