Thursday, July 1, 2021

the key to happiness

 This morning I spent over 2 hours trying to find out how to access the “/” key on my new tablet keyboard. Very frustrating and no clear answers on google. I was lucky enough to kludge 2 suggestions together to make it happen.


So yes! New, giant tablet that barely fits on my lap. The screen is enormous and wonderful. The pesky keyboard is huge too and Iˋm having to do piano key exercises to get my fingers to stretch that far. 🤣


Seriously.


My muse still hasnˋt returned. She seems to desert me when my mood is fltting from good to bad - thanks a lot eh! Usually as Iˋm going about my day I pay attention to whatˋs happening around me to help pinpoint a few interesting (to me anyway) things to write about. These days my mind is blank - except when itˋs trying to slip to the negative. I suppose Iˋm working so hard on keeping centred that I have no brain cycles left.



Nothing interesting has taken place in the last few days though. We did get our eyes checked and I almost went into Costco but my eyes were so fubar that I decided not to. Itˋs been hot and itˋs rained. The barrels are almost totally overgrown.


One good thing though: Spike seems totally back to normal, even getting on the little sofa a few times. On the hot afternoons he sometimes wants help getting on and off the front deck, but otherwise heˋs doing the stairs well. He doesnˋt seem so old.



Today we did have a lovely few hours doing an outside visit with friends. It seems rather jovial and strange to be with a group of people. We were all fully vaccinated and outside so it seemed pretty safe.



Awesome!


“seeing Spike get up on the loveseat - his domain”

“watching the rain come down to soak the parched earth”

“going for a quick dip as soon as I got out of bed”

“picking herbs from my awesome herb pots”


No comments: