Tuesday, September 5, 2023

a last hurrah for summer

 I'm outside on the deck enjoying the sweltering weather for another day. The high today is 33C with a humidex of 40C - a lazy and languid day.


Kirsten took over for me on Sunday night - I got home just after 6pm, Carm made an easy supper, I sat in a stupor on the sofa for a while then was into bed at 8:30! I slept until 7 the next morning… Yesterday I mooched around all day accomplishing nothing and was in bed early again for a long sleep. I was exhausted after only one full night sleep at home in a week. My bipolar is holding up under this test!



This morning I made a hearty, but smooth, broccoli soup for Mom - lentils, broccoli, and cream cheese for 200 calories per cup. Then we dashed out to the grocery store for a few more things to feed her. We are trying to get max calories into her and I think we are doing well - she had 1300 calories yesterday!


I spent an hour this morning putting Mom's statistics into a google doc and entering her food into a calorie counter so I know we are on track with her nutrition. Carm printed the last few days for me so we have something to show her doctor tomorrow. We can set up an appointment with a nutritionist but I think we'll wait another week by which time we will have worked out some more healthy foods for her so we can get input then, as I think we are doing pretty well so far.



Carm has been chopping up tomatoes for the freezer while I was gone, but now there are some zucchini that need to be taken care of - hopefully they can wait until I'm home again. I should have harvested some herbs as well!


… much later in the day! I'm back at Mom & Dad's for a few nights, leaving Carm with peace and quiet! Mom has improved over the 2 days I was away from her and it seems that we are keeping on top of the pain so it seems to be reducing.



Awesome!


“sultry weather”

“sweating on the deck”

“sleeping!”

“1300 calories!”

No comments: