Friday, September 8, 2023

sweltering september

 Thursday (yesterday) Brutal summer temps are still with us! Yesterday was hot and humid - no time in the pool for me though - I'm back taking care of Mom for a few more days. She is starting to improve by leaps and bounds - I suspect that she will be somewhat independent within another week - at least until the radiation starts.


Mom had her first followup appointment with the surgeon who did the work - he was pleased with her progress and thought she looked great so I guess our hard work is paying off! Mom's weight has been stable the last few days which is almost a miracle :-)  Dr. Odell has made a change to Mom's med lineup and schedule - 6 hours between doses will make the periods of sleep longer at night but she's getting less so is in more pain. He said that it will start to improve in the next month (what the actual heck - a month!)...


We started watching 'Lincoln Lawyer' and 'the Diplomat' on Netflix in the last 2 days - they are both really good shows and totally addictive! It's a good distraction and makes the day flash by for both of us. And why is 'Lincoln' pronounced without the second 'L'?



Last night, (Thur),  Kirsten came to spell me for two nights - I got home in time for supper (no cooking A&W for the win!) I was asleep on the couch by 7:30 so at 8:30 finally tottered off to bed for a long, refreshing sleep. The change to Mom's med schedule was giving us a bit more time to sleep so I wasn't as dead tired as I was previously but I still needed a catch-up :-)



Carm has been holding down the fort like a pro - he even gave Lupa a bath and has been keeping the house in order and the pets well cared for. 


Today was a cooler and rainy day - second summer is over :-(



Awesome!


“Mom having breakfast and lunch in the kitchen”

“my dogs cuddled up against me”

“a quick swim”

“12 jars of potato zucchini soup”

No comments: