Saturday, September 23, 2023

peaceful easy feeling

 I'm at one of my happy places this weekend :-) Yes, the villetta is getting filled with sand and gravel from our many walks down Kirsten's road on these beautiful fall days! It was another glorious day with sunshine (a bit of cloud cover) and temps in the 20s.


Yesterday I took Mom to her appointment to get her interim obturator- it went well and Mom came out of there in better shape than when she went in - we had no idea what to expect and I wondered if I would be rushing home to get my overnight stuff again, but it wasn't as awful (easy for me to say!) as we imagined. Her speech has improved tremendously and some of the issues that she had with the temporary one have resolved. First appointment with the radiologist is on Oct 5th, at which point she will hopefully have a treatment plan.


After I dropped Mom back to her place, I rushed home, threw a few things into a cooler and we drove to Kirsten's with the sun in our eyes. I don't have words for the feeling of peace and happiness that I felt being here and being with Kirsten and Shawn. We ate supper in the trailer and chatted for ages before crashing into bed. This morning they came for coffee and we visited for hours before splitting up for a few minutes - then we joined them in their house where Kirsten made us some fantastic sandwiches. 



Kirsten and I enjoyed (well almost enjoyed - the dogs were going every which way!) a walk down the road this afternoon - the grand maple trees that line the road are starting to don their fall colours and looked resplendent in deep green tinged with orange and red. 


Cause I got a peaceful easy feelin'

And I know you won't let me down

'Cause I'm already standin'

On the ground

-The Eagles



On Tuesday night, Pat came for supper for the first time in ages. We ordered 2 shawarma platters to share - well, they were so packed with food that one platter had the three of us groaning in our chairs! I packaged up the other one, and with just a bit of rice added, it fed the four of us last night until we were bursting. We did have room for a slice of the cheesecake that Kirsten brought, but gosh! No need for a bedtime snack last night :-)



Back to Pat's visit: for the last few months I've been crating Lupa before guests arrive and then bring her out on leash, advancing closer to company as she calms. Tuesday night I didn't crate her - of course the dogs rushed Pat when she came in the door (no barking though!), and then I was able to direct them out of the hall, to wait at the doorway. They did need some reminders, but waited until I released them for a hello. Lupa is finally growing up! She's less than a month away from her second birthday and maybe age is mellowing her a bit. Ha ha - on the scale of craziness though,  she's still pretty crazy!




Awesome!


“emerging unscathed from the parking garage for the third time”

“being at the villetta”

“my beautiful sister and her husband”

“Lupa not going as crazy when people come over”

No comments: