Sunday, January 28, 2024

blathering

 Just in case you are wondering… yes, it's cloudy…


I think I've mastered the carrots with hot honey - I want to gobble them right out of the pan! Tried roasting broccoli last night as well but I can't say I'm blown over… perhaps if I had added butter and parm like the recipe suggested, but gosh! Everything can't be covered in parm or can it? I also made mushroom gnocchi and tried air frying half the mushrooms which might have given it a richer more umami flavour. The bacon might also have helped! I think it was worth the extra effort.


Back to the hot honey! Last night I had some of my bread toasted with some stilton cheese crumbled onto it and then drizzled with the hot honey. Stilon is good but with honey, on top of crunchy bread was awesome! The only thing that would have stepped it up another notch would have been walnuts in the bread - next time for sure!


My facebook feed is filled with house and rv decor… it runs the gamut from horrible to amazing and sometimes there are rooms that I'd like to emulate so I save screenshots of my favorites. Well, yesterday one of my blog memories came up and the photo was of the living space in our house - I was surprised to see that there was a resemblance to some of my favorite rooms! I guess I know what I like and it's not grey. I like bright, sunny, and cheerful! With lots of blue, white and fresh green. Sometimes with a little pop of pink 😉 And for sure lots of gold accents for a little bit of bling.


My FB feed also has a plethora of cooking and recipe posts. I've saved a few recipes to try into my recipe app. I've TRIED to pick some healthy ones but obviously failed with last weeks brussels sprouts recipe (cream, butter, parm). I did save a lentil recipe which looks healthy and delicious - I'll try it this week. (assuming I get myself over this lethargic hump otherwise it will be leftovers, things from the freezer, and takeout!)


As I try to figure out what was Awesome these past few days, I realize that I've been just going through the motions and I've not been mindful. I haven't been actively looking for all the awesome things that are everywhere. That will be my goal this week - to get back into the habit of noticing and appreciating the wonder that is around us.


When you try something new to eat and don't immediately like it, do you persevere and keep trying it or do you dismiss it as a possibility? Last week I got some protein powder to have in the morning to start my day. Well, I don't normally eat anything until lunch, and certainly nothing that can have the powder mixed into it, so I added it to my coffee. Yuck. But it was the easiest option so I kept up with it, getting better at whisking all the lumps out and now! I love it! It makes my coffee into a special treat 😀 



Awesome!


“laundry all done for the week”

“morning coffee with vanilla protein powder whisked in”

“so many birds at the feeder - we've even had some Northern Flickers this year”

No comments: