Tuesday, January 30, 2024

trifecta of activities

 The crusty snow has given Lupa a super highway to everywhere… her little legs carry her as fast as she can run on the slippery surface, stoked to not have to struggle through long grass or deep snow. Luckily she's reasonably good at coming when called but I have been ensuring that I have a pocket full of treats when we head out to the field.


We've been zooming around the house today, getting ready for Carm's cousin Vince's visit tonight. The first time he was here (which was the last time - 2015 - shocking how many years have passed - there's that weird thing that time does sometimes…!), we went crazy cleaning as we weren't sure if he'd be disgusted by our house of pets! As it turned out, he's a dog lover :-) And I don't think our house gets really gross… Carm is a star with the Dyson!


Yesterday I went into the city to spend time with Mom & Dad… Mom and I ‘took off’ for a few hours of retail therapy,  mostly at Value Village. I had to use LOTS of restraint as I saw a few dish sets that I loved and gorgeous crystal bowls that I have no room for. Gosh I wish I had purchased that crystal bowl with a modern flair… chips would look awesome… but alas, I had Carm's voice in the back of my head!


I did score a black beaded top from Melanie Lynn that will look great with black dress pants, if we ever go anywhere again! For only $8 I couldn't pass it up. Got a furry vest too :-) And a pinkish blanket for my trailer remodel 🤪


Mom is much more fun to shop with than Carm! She asked if I wanted her to drive since we'd be stopping at the shopping mall and I'm not the greatest parker… BUT I've parked at the Civic hospital parking garage so many times now that the mall parking lot feels like a giant open field! I guess that's awesome!


Did another walk on the treadmill with Kirsten this morning - 50 minutes of full-on walking on an incline! I’d already had a good start to my day… the headphones were stuck on my head from the time I got up… and by the time my blood was rushing through my veins, it was a full-on PEF day! (peaceful easy feeling)


It really was the trifecta of mood boosting activities! Music (all my favorites), walking & talking with Kirsten, company coming! 


Sunday we had a lovely supper at Trudie & Leo's and then we rushed home to have a ‘v-drink’ with Olaf & Stephanie! 


Awesome!


“I can see clearly now the rain is gone”

“beef cubed and rubbed with garlic, herbs, and kosher salt”

“a good night's sleep”

“realizing that I feel more confident driving - yay me!”

“going for a walk with Kirsten!!!! More awesome than words!”

No comments: