Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thought to be Insane (or just stunned)

Time is flashing by. The days are merging so quickly that I never seem to know what day it is!

We had Jo Ellen and Don over for lunch Monday, which as you know was Remembrance Day. Normally we have the tv on and watch the ceremony in Ottawa, but we were busy cleaning the house. I felt disrespectful, but then realized that I had been remembering and thinking of the people who sacrificed themselves for the last couple of days. As I went around the house dusting and cleaning, the grief of all the people who lost loved ones seemed to well up inside me. I know that this is not a good thing for me and I didn’t want to trigger a mood episode...

The November grey days have started... there is a gloomy film over everything, but I’m working hard to not let it affect my mood. By keeping focused on healthy eating (and all the cooking that goes with it), as well as adding in some exercise, I’ve kept myself on an even keel. Luckily we are getting a respite today with a cloudless blue sky, and weak winter sun.

We went out dancing last night; not to a formal lesson (those are over until January), but to a review session that the instructor was holding. There was only one other couple, and that was a good thing as we needed LOTs of help! I don’t know why we put our dunce caps, and two left shoes, on before going there... Kudos to Dennis, the instructor, as we (and one of us more than the other), we just plain hard to teach – he was patient to the end. It was fun all the same, and we hope to go to the dance (an actual dance) on Saturday night. We exchanged numbers with another couple so we’ll hopefully meet up.

After spending 40 minutes on the treadmill, some weight and ab exercises, and then the dance on top of that, I’m a bit stiff today! Hopefully I’ll limber up before going to Curves with Christina tonight :-o

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments: