Saturday, November 28, 2015

PINK

Black Friday we clawed and scratched our way through dense crowds to get to the winter parkas that had been marked down over 50%. "excuse me", "oh sorry", "here let me hold that for you", "here's a size medium"… the platitudes threatened to drown out the Christmas music that rang through the air. Seriously - if you want to do Black Friday, Canada is the place to do it. There was no shoving. People talked and laughed together in the lineups. It was a happy adventure. Not only for the patrons - the employees were helpful and friendly, enjoying their day.

I even got complimented on my pink hair. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what! Yes, pink hair. This is not the first time this colour has shaded my head - the first time I was 21 or 22. I had just gotten my hair permed (the 80s you know), and as a lark/joke my friend and I put food colouring in our hair. It turns out the joke was on me. The damage done to my hair by the perming process left my hair like a sponge for colour. It lasted a few months.

I went with my parents out west to a family reunion. I went to my friend Jennifer's wedding. I went to work. With P I N K hair!

I wanted a taste of those days from my 20s, so when I saw temporary hair dye at the drugstore I had to have! Today at the grocery store the older lady behind us had a few streaks of pink in her white/grey hair. We two old gals rocked that grocery store!

Is everyone stocking up on treats for the Grey Cup Game? The Red Blacks are in the game!

"I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."  ~Rosa Parks

No comments: