Wednesday, January 10, 2018

new friends

The frost fairies got into my body powder last night and dusted the trees outside. It sparkles in the sun and with the pale blue sky it looks like a piece of art done with pastels. I actually ventured outside for more than a minute to enjoy the wonder.

Last night we met some new neighbors: Shane & Inge came over for a visit after supper so that we could meet and discuss the possibility of Shane dropping in mid-day to let the dogs out if Pat is skiing while looking after the beasts. We had a delightful time and hope to see them again soon.

The dogs took a shine to them, Spike even did some of his tricks. I think it helped that Shane & Inga didn’t hug or try to hold them, just simple pets and scratches won them over. I don’t think it is uncommon but my dogs do not like to be hugged, even by me. Their old dog, who recently passed over Rainbow bridge, didn’t care for hugging either.

My pleasures today: taking a container of soup and dumping it into the instant pot switched to the low slow cook function so that it would be ready for lunch; didn’t require any attention so I was able to get on the treadmill, which brings me to my next pleasure: snow in the field sparkled in the bright sun. The up and down motion of my steps made the stars twinkle. So pretty and motivating. If only I could bottle up the feeling.

“Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand.”

~Henry David Thoreau

No comments: