Tuesday, May 21, 2019

spit and polish

Even though my legs are aching (all those deep knee squats!), I can’t help but get up to check out the spare room. We did the trim today and by 12:30 I was starting to put the world back together.


I love how everything looks! It just needs the bed headboard/footboard to complete the look, which unfortunately isn’t scheduled to be delivered until the beginning of July, after Kirsten is here.  And we need another oriental style runner from Ikea.


The old ratty dog beds have been moved to the basement - hopefully we’ll have a few new ones by the time Pat is here pet sitting again.

The yellow isn’t the greatest colour for pine furniture, but I think it’s okay. My dad made the desk, shelf, and bedside tables so they are precious to me.

Space was made in the closet for a set of plastic drawers for Pat.

Once the bed is here I’ll figure out if I can get some underbed storage for the spare blankets. For now they are stuffed into the closet.


I wish I had taken a before photo… but before all our suitcases were obscuring the top of the bed, and was a general mess. Better that you just see the after :-)


The painting over the chair is a paint by number done by my step-grandmother when I was a little girl. The painting on the middle shelf was done by Marilyn, my Uncle Ken’s partner. The dumb yellow pot was painted by me when I was in my ‘paint anything that will stand still’ phase. The round wreath on the top shelf was made by my lovely sister Kirsten.

One problem with the room though is that there is no good place to open a suitcase, except on the bed, which isn’t very convenient if one was staying for a few days. It’s a small room so we have to make due.

I wish we were having sleepover company! Maybe Bjorn would like to come to visit!

No comments: