Tuesday, May 14, 2019

transformation

A crescent moon low in the west. Stars bright in the rest of the sky, not all the stars, only the ones bright enough to overcome the city lights, shone high in the sky grabbing my attention as I tripped down the dark laneway, safe at home from a visit with Trudie & Leo. The kind of night that draws you outside to linger.


That was days ago… which day last week I can’t even remember as they have become a blur. I know we were at Trudie’s one night - Wednesday I think. Thursday we celebrated Leo’s 75th birthday with a party at Acapulco. Friday Pat came for supper (did Carm play golf? Or did he visit his mother during the day). Saturday we went to the village to see Pat play in her band, which turned out to be an expensive day for us as we bought some new doorknobs.


Sunday I rushed around getting lunch ready for my family Mother’s day. I overestimated how long the cooking would take so overdid the chicken leaving it dry. I shouldn’t have put any lemon juice in when I marinated it - the chicken was too lemony. And I didn’t set the rice on right either, so we waited for ages for it to be cooked when it wasn’t even turned on. Too much excitement for my feeble brain. It’s obvious that my mother has things in hand much better!





Yesterday we vacuumed and scrubbed the front hall in preparation for today’s transformation. Bob the painter is here today rolling on some whipped butter yellow paint to cover the ancient pink that I am thoroughly sick of. Carm had to run into the city to get another gallon as this one-coat paint went on pretty thick which quickly depleted what was in the can.

Just one room left to go - the spare bedroom will also get a coat of the yellow, once I get around to it…

Ta da!



Just a bit of touch up to do and also the trim… all in good time ;-)

No comments: