Saturday, September 30, 2023

Last day of September

 Last day of September and I am stretched out on the back deck sofa :-) It is impossible to believe that tomorrow will be October - we've had a super nice fall - almost a bonus summer. Some of my outside potted plants are doing incredibly well (yes, you: coleus and ferns), while the herbs have shed most of their leaves - the Thai basil plants are basically stems with the odd leaf. I brought in the rest of the swiss chard but am not sure if I'll just bin it… feeling especially lazy and slightly out of sorts today.


I harvested one spindly herb plant down by the barn but the rest are still not ripe, luckily the forecast for the next week is sunny and warm! And I can't find my dill anywhere! It will have to be replanted next spring in perhaps a better spot.


Today I did a quick treatment for earwigs on the pots that will be coming inside for the winter - we'll bring them in next week before I start wrestling with the giant turkey we bought for Thanksgiving festivities.



The days melded into a blur this past week. We came home from the villetta on Sunday after having enjoyed a fantastic weekend (shall I mention the weather again?). Monday I popped into town to see Mom & Dad and then Trudie & Leo came over for supper; Tuesday was soup making day; Wednesday back in to see Mom & Dad; Thursday our first breakfast at Country Kitchen since before the pandemic - we used to be semi-regulars! Plus we stocked up on dog food and then had supper at Trudie & Leo's. Yesterday I mooched around in a semi discombobulated way. Fill in the blanks with lots of lazy time and a bit of cooking (although I have not been motivated that way for quite some time). But Carm! His lazy time has been dominated with chainsaws and shovels!




Awesome!


“June in September”

“the colour of the trees along the highway”

“blue sky dotted with fluffy white clouds”

"Supper outside!"

No comments: