Sunday, September 17, 2023

three away from when I'm sixty four

 It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want too… that's how the lyrics go but today there are no tears - I just feel happy and blessed in so many ways. 


The last few days I've been going to Mom's for just a few hours a day - she is getting more independent by the day and in fact, this morning drove herself to the grocery store to pick up stuff for lunch, including a delicious birthday cake for Olaf and I. Tonight I'll go in for the night as she has an early appointment on Monday, but otherwise, I think she's good to manage on her own with Dad's help :-)



Yesterday was gorgeous! I took Mom to Costco after lunch, grabbed a Frosty at Wendy's and then as soon as I was finished eating, I abandoned Mom to her afternoon nap and came home for a bit of cooking and an afternoon on the deck. Olaf & Stephanie arrived around 4:30 for our brother/sister birthday celebration - luckily the weather was still perfect so we were able to spend at least an hour or two enjoying the out-of-doors before we retired to the warmth of the house where we nestled up against the kitchen island and filled ourselves with food! How lucky!





Awesome!


“another birthday”

“drinks on the patio with Olaf & Stephanie”

“Mom going grocery shopping on her own”

“two beautiful fall days”

No comments: