Wednesday, January 3, 2024

skin in the game

 The sun hasn't shown up yet and neither has the snow… it did peek out on the first, but only for an hour or so… so many days… weeks… months… of sun deprivation. There is some sun in the forecast for later in the week so fingers crossed!


My muse hasn’t arrived yet either! Of course, nothing has happened in the last few days to summon her… day after day of mooching around the house does not inspire creative writing. Putting away serving dishes and general tidying up also do not inspire! I'm not even reading anything thought provoking.


Last night we had a quick supper at Trudie & Leo's… it's generally not a long night (we were home by 8) but that makes it easier to do spur of the moment gatherings!


Today I took a deep dive into the internet looking for comfort foods to bring for a birthday party tomorrow… I settled on potato skins which I have never made before, and as a bonus, I have a big bag of potatoes that need to be used up! I usually read through multiple recipes before I settle on one… today I passed over a few before deciding on the one that bakes the potatoes, cut in half & scoop innards, then with skin side up, brush with bacon fat and cook again for 10 minutes. Turn them right side up and bake for another 10 minutes. When it's time to serve I'll just have to assemble the bacon & cheese then pop into the oven or airfryer for a few minutes :-) 


blah blah blah! 


I need to find a hobby that doesn't involve fat and sugar… I'm wondering if I could convince myself that 2024 will be the year to get fit…



Awesome!


“early suppers”

“scads of crispy bacon lardons”

“binging Ted”

No comments: