Monday, July 29, 2024

getting my cells prepared

 It's unlikely that we'll be booking any snorkelling excursions on our next cruise… we picked up a cheap snorkel & mask at liquidation a few weeks ago so I've been practicing a bit - one loop around the pool is about all I can manage before I'm hyperventilating and on the edge of a panic attack 😞 . Not sure if it's breathing through a tube or the thought of all the creatures in the ocean that I'd rather not think about!


We've had a few beautiful days without storms in the forecast so we've been able to leave the sunshade up on the deck. I've been relaxing in the shade while Carm has been labouring at pulling hundreds of nails from the boards from the old deck… he had started on it 2 years ago and then stepped on a nail… he's got his motivation back and has been working like a fiend (with construction boots on!). Like me, he's on a weight loss journey and is feeling keen to move and get fitter.


I started my fast last night at 8pm, so far so good (at 10:30am), but it's amazing how deprived I feel when normally I wouldn't have my breakfast until 10:30 or 11 am anyway, and never feel hungry before then. I usually do my exercise first, powered by only a black coffee… I've been starving since before I got out of bed! I need to trick my brain into forgetting! Just goes to show that focusing attention on something only makes it worse 😉 


6:30pm… I haven't broken down to raid the fridge yet! But I could eat a whole box of KD! I've tried to distract myself on FB but unfortunately most of the groups that I follow are about food! Not helpful at all… I have read (or tried to read), countless studies about fasting, fasting and cancer, fasting mimicking diets, fasting and exercise… just to keep the motivation! I've setup my food app for tomorrow's eating on a Fasting mimicking diet (FMD) which is restricted calories with specific macros - plant-based of course!



Awesome!


“lazy day reading”

“two baking sheets of zucchini scarpaccia”

“our cucumbers”

No comments: