Wednesday, September 18, 2024

another year has passed

 This goes all the way back to Sunday! Swimming is still happening (barely) and I've spent many hours in the last week ensconced on the deck! We've been having some spectacular September weather that is more like July than a typical September… although I do recall many years of camping at Riverside on site 212 where we had to shelter from the blazing sun in the air conditioned villetta! The week ahead is stretching out with lots of warm sunshine! Hurrah!


Last night (Saturday), we had a spur of the moment supper with Olaf, Stephanie & Freya arriving from Montreal, and Mom & Dad arriving from the city. Takeout pizza was on the menu - I can't remember the last time I had pizza from a shop. It was a good, aliebt heavy, treat that is sitting in my stomach like a lead weight but hey! It was a nice treat! It was fun to get together but sad that everyone wasn't here.



Lupa had a dust up with the clippers this morning and is looking less like a scruffy puppy. She was pretty good today but as always, Carm helps by holding her steady as I buzz around her, shearing the long hair. 


I've been getting better by the day - though I haven't been doing more than 60 minutes on the treadmill and have been keeping the intensity medium. I think tomorrow I'll start amping it up and adding back the other weight bearing exercises. I won't make the mistake I made a few weeks ago when I pushed too hard and set myself back. (note from today: I havn't start amping it up yet!)



Speaking of health… green tea is almost a super food, but matcha tea has even more health benefits… I'm trying to develop a taste for it, but honestly, it makes me feel like puking… perhaps it's not for me. If it just reduced my appetite I could get on board with it for a week or two, but gosh - day two and I'm seriously not sure if I can stomach it. I don't mind the taste too much, but it roils in my stomach and threatens to come back up! It might be worse as I'm having it on an empty stomach… will try after eating the next time I want to risk nausea all afternoon!


Monday was a banner day! We hired some professional window cleaners to do all of the windows, inside and out, and WOW! What an amazing improvement. I knew they were dirty on the outside but gosh, they are sparkling now. And as a bonus, as Tammy was working on the inside, I followed around getting other cleaning done which after a summer of inactivity and excuses not to do housework, it was much needed!


Yesterday the calendar flipped another year - 62! I feel great (considering), and know that I will continue to improve as I work on my fitness and health :-) I'm 20 pounds lighter than I was at 50 and at least as fit. I get way more exercise and looking back at my mood logs, am happier with less anxiety and depression. I'd say the 60s are the new 50s!



It was another amazing summer weather day yesterday! I went into the city to visit with Mom & Dad, then Kirsten joined in for a girls shopping day :-) Followed by scones (so good!). I got home around 4pm, with enough time for a swim and to enjoy a bit of outdoors before crashing on the sofa until supper. Carm cooked up some steaks for us for a special treat and then it was early to bed!



Today’s blue sky is partially obscured with hazy cloud, but I think the forecast high is 28C! Amazing! I've walked on the treadmill, roasted some mushrooms and broccoli, and uncovered the furniture outside for yet another lazy day! I'm out here now… being bothered by a few mosquitos which I can't seem to kill… I'm not sure how long I'll last out here!



Awesome!


“birthday gatherings”

“I got my present from Carm early and love it!”

“September days masquerading as July”

“clean windows!”

“a girls day shopping”

“having the luxury to be lazy”

No comments: